St. Mary's Church, Richmond

St. Mary

An historic building at the heart of Richmond. The first church was built on the site in 1220 but the entire building was rebuilt between 1487 and 1506 when Henry VII of Yorkshire took the throne. 

When inside, have a look at the new stained glass windows on the south nave wall, in particular that in memory of Ruth Gedye who died aged just 18. There is much detail to be found within its swathes of colour.

Parking: the Council's pay-and-display car park on Station Road next to the church is open to the public after 6pm. Other car parks are available in Richmond, please check the Richmondshire District Council website.

Accessibility: the church is wheelchair accessible but there is a sloped path up to the entrance. Disabled visitors may be dropped off at the bottom of the path but may need help to ascend to the church door.

Postcode: DL10 7AQ

Upcoming Events

No upcoming events!